The three agencies that allow civilians to conduct arrest warrant searches in Winnebago County, WI, are listed below. However, before you make the trip to the offices of these departments, here is a look at an alternative that is often perceived to be convenient and safer if you have an active warrant out against you.
State departments will be a sound choice to find information on arrest warrants from Winnebago County if the search is being initiated in the name of third parties and you need a proper background report. If your purpose involves conducting a personal background search because an immigration agency or a potential employer has asked for it, you will have to go through the formal channel.
However, if you believe that a petty, legal indiscretion may have resulted in the release of an outstanding warrant from Winnebago County and would now like to get the matter sorted, it would be best to connect with a private agency. Third-party services like the one linked to the site can also come in handy if you are merely looking for information on the arrests and the active warrants in the name of a person.
To avail the services of a reliable agency that provides crime history details from all over the nation, use the form given above. If you are keen on approaching a state agency, this can be done in person or through the mail by using the contact information listed below:
- The office of the sheriff: 4311 Jackson St, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54901
- The court of the magistrate: 415 Jackson St, Oshkosh, WI 54901
- The department of the county clerk: PO Box 2808, Oshkosh, Wisconsin 54903
How do you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Winnebago County over the phone? (2021-current)
- Phone number for information about arrests and an inmate search- (920) 236-7381
- Phone number of the Records Division for requesting police reports (accident and arrest records)-(920) 236-7330.
- Phone number of the Sheriff’s non-emergency dispatch for general questions-
- Phone number of the Detective Division for information about the investigation of a crime- (920) 236-7336
- Phone number of the Warrants Division for a warrant search- (920) 232-1921
- Phone number of the Victim-Witness Service for help offered to victims of crime-(920) 236-4977.
- Phone number of the Clerk of Court for judicial records-(920) 236-4848.
Crime statistics of Winnebago County
The Winnebago Sheriff’s Office handled 194 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 169 in 2018. Of these, 158 were property offenses and 36 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 102 larceny thefts, 42 burglaries, 14 auto thefts, 31 aggravated assaults and 3 rapes.
The annual crime average of Winnebago County, Wisconsin, is approximately 3800 cases. Fortunately, only about 6% of the complaints filed every year are against violent crimes such as murder and rape.