Arrest warrant searches from Polk County, WI, are open to all and sundry. However, the mode which can be used to initiate such an inquiry and the information offered in response to the query will vary depending on who is conducting the investigation. Most civilians will only be given access to limited criminal history, but even this will be enough to find out about the active warrants and arrest records in the name of the accused.
Of course, complete crime history data will fetch you significantly more information. However, such inquiries can only be initiated on the basis of fingerprints. This means that you cannot conduct the investigation discreetly, as getting the fingerprints taken will involve the subject’s participation. In stark contrast, for a name-based search of Polk County arrest warrants, you will need just the first and last of the person in question and his date of birth at the most.
Needless to say, you could also furnish additional search criteria such as the social security number, gender, contact details, etc., which will help to narrow down the results of your inquiry. Searches that are responded to with complete crime history reports are only accessible to applicants who have been named in the legislature of the state, as parties allowed to conduct such inquiries.
Complete criminal history records will include details on Polk County outstanding warrants as well as arrests from all cases, whether they ended in conviction or not. In fact, you could also find details on juvenile cases and criminal matters that were dismissed by the courts, along with cases in which the accused was acquitted. To find information on arrest warrants and detentions, you can get in touch with:
- The sheriff: 1005 W Main Street, Suite 900, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin 54810
- The magistrate: 1005 W Main St, Balsam Lake, WI 54810
- The clerk of court: PO Box 335, Balsam Lake, Wisconsin 54810
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Polk County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- (715) 485-8370 – The Polk County Jail to find out more about arrests and inmates.
- (715) 485-8350 – The Records Unit of the local law enforcement office for police reports, accident reports, and criminal arrest records.
- (715) 485-8300 – The Sheriff’s Office for details on arrest warrants.
- (715) 485-9231 – The Polk Couty Attorney’s Office for victim-witness assistance.
- (715) 485-9299 – The Office of the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search.
Crime statistics of Polk County
The Polk Sheriff’s Department recorded 163 criminal complaints in 2019 from 206 in 2018. There were 131 property offenses and 32 offenses against people.
Around 91 larceny thefts, 35 burglaries, and 5 motor vehicle thefts were recorded. Approximately, 31 aggravated assaults were among the violent crimes reported.
A crime is reported in Polk County, Wisconsin, every 15 hours, which puts the daily crime average of the area at nearly 2 incidents and the monthly average at about 50 cases. From 2001 to 2008, about 4500 criminal cases were filed in the area. Of the annual average of approximately 550 crimes, about 10% are of a violent nature.