You don’t have to wait for an opportune moment to launch an arrest warrant search in Portage County, WI. Why, with state agencies making your life so much easier as far as these inquiries go, it would be just plain silly to wait any longer to launch an investigation of this nature. Most people indeed opt for inquiries on active warrants and arrests only when they need to make hiring and partnership decisions.
However, any involvement that calls for an investment of your time, emotions, or money would require such an investigation. To launch a search for arrest warrants, you need only go to the offices of the local judiciary or the police. You will have to fill out a request form and pay the required fees before the agency considers launching the inquiry on your behalf.
Although positive results and identification can be established by initiating a fingerprint-based investigation to find Portage County arrest records and outstanding warrants in the name of your subject, this option is not open for all. At the moment, only applicants who enjoy the legislative right to access crime history data can conduct such inquiries.
For the rest of the populace, the only way to find information on criminal indiscretions is through name-based warrant searches. These can be done through the magistrate’s office, the department of the county clerk, and the police. The addresses where these agencies can be contacted have been given below.
- Law enforcement agency: 1500 Strongs Ave, Stevens Point, Wisconsin 54481
- The county magistrate: 1516 Church St, Stevens Point, WI 54481
- The clerk of court: As above
Can you get any information pertaining to Portage County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To learn more about arrests and prisoners, contact the Portage Jail at (715) 346-1259.
- For arrest records and incident reports, get in touch with the Records Unit at (715) 346-1443/1446.
- For investigation-related inquiries, contact the Crime Investigation Division at (715) 346-1400 (for victims only).
- To get information on outstanding arrest warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Office at (715) 346-1444.
- To speak with the victim’s advocate, contact the Portage County DA’s Office at (715) 346-1300.
- For information on submitting a request for a criminal background check and court case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at (715) 346-1364.
Crime statistics of Portage County
The Sheriff’s Office of Portage County handled approximately 208 criminal matters in 2019. Of the total number of complaints filed, around 198 were against property crimes while 10 were against violent crimes.
With 105 cases, larceny theft had the highest occurrence rate of all property crimes. Burglary brought in around 81 complaints. Rape cases formed the bulk of violent crimes at 4 incidents while aggravated assaults brought in 3 complaints.
From 1999 to 2008, approximately 1300 criminal cases were filed with the local sheriff’s office in Portage County, Wisconsin, every year. Of these complaints, about 6% were made against violent crimes. In the decade mentioned, violent crime rates plunged by a massive 300% plus.