Because crime history details are not made available publicly through the internet and other means, most people find that getting a Vernon County arrest warrant search done is harder than accessing the other data held by WI state agencies. Typically, details on marriages, birth, death, and asset ownership are given to just about everybody.
However, for information on Vernon County arrest records and active warrants, you will need to connect with a branch of the state’s justice network that deals with the issue or serving such orders. The magistrate’s court handles the release of all arrest warrants in the area along with the gamut of other legal directives such as criminal summons, subpoenas, and bench warrants, etc.
So, this is just one of the state departments that can be approached for a warrant search. As far as arrests are concerned, these are effected by the cops with and without active warrants. Furthermore, the sheriff’s office is also the petitioner for the issue of detention orders. So, you can contact the police for all criminal history investigations.
The county clerk’s office is the final agency on the list of WI departments that can be approached for details on Vernon County outstanding warrants. This agency is in charge of handling the database of court dockets. So, with them, you will find information on civil as well as criminal matters. These agencies work out of:
- Law enforcement: 1320 Bad Axe Court, Viroqua, Wisconsin 54665
- Judiciary: 400 W South St, Viroqua, WI 54665
- County clerk: 400 Courthouse Square, Viroqua, Wisconsin 54665
Is it possible to get information on Vernon County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To ask about recent arrests, contact the Vernon County Jail at (608) 638-5780.
- To inquire about warrants, call the Sheriff’s Office at (608) 637-2123.
- To get an incident/accident/arrest report, contact the Vernon County Sheriff’s Records Division at (608) 638-5710.
- To inquire about victim support and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at (608) 637-5357.
- To know how to initiate a search for Vernon County judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at (608) 637-5340.
Crime statistics of Vernon County
The criminal complaints handled by Vernon County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 59% in 2019 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 350 events in 2018, around 143 cases were reported in 2019. Over 105 of the complaints were for property offences, while over 38 were for violent crimes.
In Vernon County, Wisconsin, about 250 criminal complaints reach the sheriff’s office every year. Of these cases, only about 6% are violent crimes; the remaining are incidents of theft, burglary, and other property crimes. As far as crime trends went, violent crimes grew by almost 80%.