The list of detention orders posted on the sheriff’s website has made it simpler for people to conduct arrest warrant searches in La Crosse County, WI. However, it should be noted here that the accumulation of details on active warrants is limited to the alleged offender’s name and the charges under which the active warrant was sought.
So, if your subject has served time in the past or was involved in a case that the courts dismissed or if he was acquitted, you will not find out about these matters from the warrant list. In fact, you will find no mention of arrest warrants that have already been served.
For this data, you will have to initiate a formal inquiry into the arrest records and outstanding warrants from La Crosse County through a state department or a private entity. To access the list of active warrants offered by the office of the sheriff, go to http://www.co.la-crosse.wi.us/Sheriff/WarrantList/.
Unfortunately, the agency is not offering photographs of the most wanted criminals and information on detention orders. To find out about arrests and warrants from the police or the judiciary, you can personally visit the following address:
- The sheriff’s department: 333 Vine St, La Crosse, WI 54601
- The magistrate’s court: As above
- The county clerk’s office: 400 North 4th Street, Room 106, La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
To perform the search for arrest warrants through a third-party site, you can fill the application form on top of this page. This will link you to a privately maintained database of criminal history information that is not restricted to the state of Wisconsin.
Who can help you with an over-the-phone warrant search and arrests inquiry in La Crosse County? (2021- Update)
- To learn about recent arrests, contact the La Crosse County Jail at (608)785-9630.
- To request an accident report, arrest records and an incident report, contact the Records Division at (608)785-9629.
- To request information on victim and witness program, call the La Crosse Prosecuting Attorney’s Office at (608) 785-9604.
- To begin a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at (608) 785-9590.
Crime statistics of La Crosse County
Due to the increased of 164% in La Crosse County’s yearly crime average, around 257 criminal complaints were submitted in 2019, compared to 97 in 2018. Nearly 237 of these reports were submitted for property offences, while the rest were for violent offences.
Around 78 burglaries and 144 larceny-thefts were reported as property offences. The violent offenses reported included 16 assault instances and 4 complaints against rape.Of the 2800 crimes reported in La Crosse County, Wisconsin, each year, only about 6% are acts of a violent nature. The crime trends for the area, between 1999 and 2008, showed that there had been a rise of over 60% in violent criminal instances.