Why have you not conducted regular arrest warrant searches in Eau Claire County, WI, when such inquiries can not only save you from criminal elements but also lower the risk of unexpected arrests? Often, people are completely unaware that a trivial indiscretion has led to the issue of an arrest warrant in their name.
Unfortunately, this excuse will fail to get you reprieve in the court of law. Also, sometimes, the release of active warrants from Eau Claire County can be attributed to instances of identity theft. To ensure that criminals are not getting the better of you, it is crucial to launch an inquiry into the arrest records and outstanding warrants in your name from time to time.
If you find arrests listed against you but were never detained by the police, it would be a good time to contact the nearest judicial or law enforcement agency and sort out the situation. On the other hand, outstanding warrants also need your prompt attention, and these are best handled by legal professionals.
If you are quite sure that an arrest warrant was issued against you, do not visit a state office as you will be detained. It would be most appropriate to check the status of such orders online by working with a third-party agency. It should be mentioned here that active warrants one issued do not go out of effect. The state agencies that you can connect with for crime history inquiries have been listed below, while for a private firm, you can fill the form on top.
- The sheriff’s department: 728 Second Ave, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703
- The magistrate’s court: 721 Oxford Ave, Eau Claire, WI 54703
- The county clerk’s office: PO Box 718, Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54702
Is it possible to get information on Eau Claire County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To know about general law and order issues, contact the Sheriff’s Department at 715-839-4709/4972.
- To get arrest records, contact the Records Center at: 715-839-4701.
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Eau Claire County Jail at 715-855-6129 (Huber) and 715-839-4702 (Secure Detention-Juvenile).
- To inquire about a criminal matter, contact the Detective Division at (for victims only) 715-839-5102.
- To inquire about outstanding warrants, get in touch with the Warrants and Transportation Division at 715-839-4704.
- To learn how to obtain criminal case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 715- 839-4816.
- To request victim’s assistance information, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 715-839-4828.
Crime statistics of Eau Claire County
The Eau Claire Sheriff’s Office handled 302 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 285 in 2018. Of these, 265 were property offenses and 37 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 165 larceny thefts, 82 burglaries, 18 auto thefts, 29 aggravated assaults and 8 rapes.
About 2400 complaints are filed in criminal matters in Eau Claire County, Wisconsin, annually. However, only about 5% of these cases are lodged in violent matters; the remaining are complaints made against property crimes.