Most people are under the impression that civilians cannot get a Sauk County WI arrest warrant search done, or at least they believe that they will have to invest a lot of time, effort, and money into such investigations. Both misconceptions do a great disservice, as they keep applicants away from these investigations that can help them secure their personal and professional interests.
To find out about the Sauk County arrest warrants in the name of a person you know, you will only need some basic information about him and may or may not have to pay a small fee to initiate the investigation, depending on the agency that you approach. For example, the police, the magistrate’s court, and private establishments will charge you for a warrant search.
However, the county clerk’s office, which is also a part of the state’s judicial makeup, will offer information on Sauk County arrests and outstanding warrants for free as long as you are willing to take the effort of finding the data from their court dockets repository. Although the clerk of court’s office does not provide the facility for online inquiries into active warrants, you can use the public computers at their office to launch the search.
To approach the local police or the judge’s office for finding information on Sauk County arrest records, be prepared to shell out a small processing charge. Do not forget to take a government-issued photo ID along when contacting these agencies. If you are more comfortable with third-party sites, fill the form above to access a reliable service, or for a formal inquiry, you can go to:
- Law enforcement agency: 1300 Lange Ct, Baraboo, Wisconsin 53913
- The county magistrate: 531 4th Ave, Baraboo, WI 53913
- The clerk of court: 505 Broadway, Baraboo, Wisconsin 53913
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Sauk County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- For information on recent arrests, call (608) 355-3210.
- To report a crime, call the Sheriff’s toll free number- 1-800-377-1195
- To request an incident report or arrest report, call (608) 356-4895.
- To give a crime tip, call 1-888-847-7285.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at (608) 355-3280.
- To find out more about requesting criminal court records, call the Clerk of Court at (608) 355-3287.
Crime statistics of Sauk County
In 2019, the Sauk County Sheriff’s Department dealt with about 36 criminal complaints. Around 30 of the complaints were for property crimes. There were 23 cases of larceny theft and 7 incidents of burglary in this category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 2 violent crime complaints while 4 cases were filed against rape.
Sauk County, Wisconsin, has an annual crime rate of 1700 cases. This is a cumulative figure made up of about 70 instances of violent crime and over 1600 complaints against property crimes. Since 2000, there has been a growth of almost 70% in the area’s crime rates.