Of all the areas in Wisconsin, it is the easiest to conduct a warrant search in Fond du Lac County because the police offer so much information on active warrants through their website. The two online options available to find outstanding warrants in the name of a subject include the list of orders for arrests on http://www.fdlsheriff.com/jail and information on the most wanted criminals offered on http://www.fdlsheriff.com/patrol.
If you are wondering how these lists are different from each other, it’s simple, really. The most wanted criminals of the area are habitual offenders accused in serious criminal matters who have yet to be arrested. On the other hand, the list of arrest warrants includes everybody who is a suspect in an offense, including seemingly trivial matters. The common thread here is that arrests will occur as soon as the police spot these individuals.
Another point of interest for any applicant keen on performing a warrant search is that neither page offers details on Fond du Lac County arrest records. In other words, if the accused has already been detained and is now out on bail, you will not find out about this unless you are willing to go in for a full-blown inquiry.
To conduct such an investigation, you can get in touch with the police, the magistrate’s office, or the department of the clerk of court. Of these three, only the county clerk’s office can offer details on civil and criminal matters. These agencies work out of:
- The sheriff’s department: 180 S Macy St, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin 54935
- The magistrate’s court: 160 S Macy St, Fond du Lac, WI 54935
- The county clerk’s office: As above
Will state agencies provide an arrest report or details about warrants from Fond du Lac County over the phone? (Updated-2021)
- General crime-related information- Sheriff’s Office at (920) 929-3390.
- Recent arrests related information- Fond du Lac County Jail at (920) 929-3394 or the Juvenile Detention Center at (920) 929-3398.
- Warrants search related information- Records Unit at (920) 929-3371.
- Criminal case related information- Detective Division at (920) 929-3370 (for victims only).
- Case search related information- Clerk of Court at (920) 929-3040.
- Victim’s assistance related information- District Attorney’s Office at (920) 929-3048.
Crime statistics of Fond du Lac County
The Fond du Lac County Sheriff’s Department filed roughly 105 criminal reports in 2019. Around 100 of the crimes reported were property crimes, with only about 4 constituting crimes against people. The majority of property crime cases involved larceny-theft (67 cases) and burglary (29 cases). The complaints in the category of violent crimes included 4 cases of aggravated assault.After the growth of over 80% seen in the violent crime rates of Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin, it is understandable how the area clocks in about 100 instances of rape, murder, and assault every year. As far as the annual crime total of the area goes, it stands at about 2000 cases.