The police are law bound to execute active warrants as soon as possible after their issue. In fact, cops will often go out of their way to serve these orders. Hence a Washburn County arrest warrant search should be conducted if you were ever involved in a criminal transgression. Even minor infractions like the non-payment of traffic or civil ordinance violation fines can lead to the issue of an active warrant in WI.
In fact, these often get normal folks in trouble as they remain blissfully unaware of the fact that a detention order has been issued in their name. Mind you; the police are only supposed to tell offenders about the existence of Washburn County outstanding warrants when making arrests.
Hence, by walking into the local police station or the courthouse, you will essentially be handing yourself in. There is simply no need to take such drastic steps if information about Washburn County arrest records and active warrants is all you seek. Take a look at the form given above this write-up. It is meant to capture information about your subject and take you to a database that contains crime history data from all parts of the country.
Like state agencies, the private firm will also charge you for the inquiry on Washburn County arrests and warrants, but the investigation can be conducted in relative safety as these establishments do not connect themselves to local justice agencies in any way or sense. On the other hand, if the idea of conducting a formal inquiry appeals to you, it is always possible to visit the following agencies for your warrant search.
- The office of the sheriff: 421 Hwy 63, PO Box 429, Shell Lake, Wisconsin 54871
- The court of the magistrate: 715 E Lake Dr, Shell Lake, WI 54871
- The department of the county clerk: 10 4th Avenue, Shell Lake, Wisconsin 54871
What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in County? (2021-Update)
- To find information about recent arrests, contact the Washburn County Jail at 715-468-4720.
- To get access to arrest records, call the Sheriff’s Office at 715-468-4720.
- To learn about victim’s rights and services, call the Washburn County Attorney’s Office at 715-468-4670.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, reach out to the Clerk of Court at 715-468-4677.
Crime statistics of Washburn County
In 2019, the Washburn Sheriff’s Department received 142 criminal complaints, compared to 117 in 2018. There were 123 property offenses and 19 crimes against people.
Approximately 63 larceny-thefts, 51Washburn burglaries, and 9 motor vehicle thefts were recorded as property offenses. Around 13 aggravated assaults, and 6 rapes were among the violent offenses.
Older crime statistics
Between 2001 and 2008, approximately 250 criminal reports were filed annually in Washburn County, Wisconsin. However, only about 5% of these cases were lodged against violent crimes. In this period, the incident rates of violent crimes surged by almost 70%.