Although you cannot conduct an arrest warrant search in Racine County, WI online, it is possible to find information on some outstanding warrants over the internet. The sheriff’s office circulates information on its most wanted criminals among the deputies of the agency and makes civilians privy to this data through their website.
A most wanted list has been put up at http://racinesheriff.org/. This page has details on criminals who have been evading arrests along with their photographs and the charges that have been brought against them. Although you will find all information on the Racine County outstanding warrant in the name of these individuals, there are no arrest records included.
This means that even if you were to find your subject’s name in this list, you wouldn’t know if there are any criminal involvements in his past apart from the transgression for which his detention is currently being sought. This is one of the prime reasons, why despite the availability of a most-wanted list, people go to the state departments listed below for a formal inquiry on arrest warrants.
The sheriff’s office, the magistrate’s court, and the county clerk’s department can help with a detailed criminal background check that will include information on arrests and active warrants from Racine County. Unlike the information being offered for free on the website of the law enforcement agency, these inquiries are charged. For your warrant search, you can visit:
- The office of the sheriff: 717 Wisconsin Ave, Racine, Wisconsin 53403
- The court of the magistrate: 730 Wisconsin Ave, Racine, WI 53403
- The department of the county clerk: As above
How do you get information about Racine County warrants and arrests over the phone? (Updated in 2021)
- To find out about County arrests, contact the Racine Jail- 262-636-3929.
- To request criminal records, including incident, accident and arrest report, contact the Sheriff’s Office- 262-636-3229.
- To inquire about arrests, warrants, criminal cases or any other law enforcement issue, call law enforcement at 262-886-2300 (Racine), 262-534-5166 (Waterford) and 262-763-9558 (Burlington).
- To speak to the detective handling your case, call the Criminal Investigations Bureau- 262-636-3225.
- To learn more about arrest warrants, contact the Sheriff’s Administration- 262-636-3822.
- To seek help offered to crime victims, contact the DA’s Office-262- 636-3172.
- To obtain a criminal background check or judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court-262-636-3333.
Crime statistics of Racine County
Around 230 crimes were reported in Racine County in 2018. This annual average included over 200 property crimes and approximately 20 violent crimes.
The crimes against persons (violent offenses) category included more than 15 cases of assault and 4 cases of robbery. The property crimes category comprised around 150 cases of theft and over 40 cases of burglary.
Nearly 7000 criminal cases are filed in Racine County, Wisconsin, every year, and approximately 9% of the complaints received are against violent acts. Although there was barely any growth in the overall crime rate, violent criminal activity surged by almost 20%.